Home > Beaches & Bays > Beach Rules > Lewes Beach Rules
Lewes, Delaware, Beach Rules & Regulations
- Times: It shall be unlawful for any person to be on Lewes Beach (from Roosevelt Inlet to the Cape May-Lewes Ferry Terminal) between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m.
- Sleeping: It shall be unlawful for any person to sleep, lie, loiter on, occupy as sleeping quarters or be under the guise or pretending to sleep on any part of the public beaches within the corporate limits of the city between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Fires: No open burning.
- Alcohol: None allowed.
- Permits: Required for activities on beach.
- Dogs: No dogs are allowed on any beach strand between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. any day between May 1st and September 30th.
- Horses: It shall be unlawful for any person to ride, walk or exercise a horse upon any public beach located within the corporate limits of the City from April 1st thru September 30th.
- Fishing: It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to fish in the area of Lewes Beach extending from Pilot Point to the property of the Lewes Yacht Club between the hours of 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and for a distance offshore of 300 feet, from May 1st thru September 15th.
- Jetskis: It shall be unlawful for any person to operate jetskis within a distance of 300 feet of any beach strand within the corporate limits of the City of Lewes.
- Dogs: The owner or person in control of a dog shall keep the dog under leash, and shall carry and use a bag or other device to pick up and remove from property any excrement which said dog shall drop.