- Use of the beach is free; no beach tags needed, and is open to the public 6am to 10pm. No private vehicles are permitted on the beach at any time. Off road passes are available for Assateague Island.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages in public is strictly prohibited. Possession of open containers on the Beach, Boardwalk, or any municipal street, alley, sidewalk, or parking lot is prohibited at all times.
- Barbeque grills, hibachis, gas fired grills, liquid propane, or bonfires are not permitted on the beach or other public property unless you obtain a permit from the Fire Marshal. Grilling is only allowed on public properties that provide grilling areas. Bonfires are permitted on Assateague Island subject to their regulations.
- Excessive noise is prohibited. No disruptive noises are to be made that can be heard at a distance of 50 feet from the building from which it is made between the hours of midnight and 7am. Due to the Motor Vehicle Law and Ocean City Town Ordinances, no loud noises are to be made that can be heard at a distance of 50 feet from a vehicle at any time.
- No ball playing or Frisbee throwing of any kind between 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily from May 30 to September 15, by Town Ordinance. This goes for kite flying as well. These activities are allowed anywhere else.
- No one is allowed on the beach or in the water between 12:00am and 6:00a.m.
- Sleeping is not permitted on the beach between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- No skim boarding between 10:00am and 5:30pm.
- No private vehicles are permitted on the beach at any time.
- Surf fishing is permitted but not within 50 yards of swimmers or of anyone on the beach between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- No surfing between 10:00am and 5:30pm, unless in designated surfing areas. Two surfing beaches are announced daily. For more information on surf beaches and beach conditions, call any of the area surf shops. A permanent surf beach is located at the Inlet parking lot. Surf board leashes are required for safety.
- The ocean can be rough so please do not swim if there is not a lifeguard around. Keep your feet in the sand, till the lifeguard’s in the stand. Beach patrol members are on duty from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily all summer to ensure your safety.
- Ocean City now offers horseback riding on the beach during winter, early spring. Permit applications are now available to persons wishing to ride horses on Ocean City’s beach. Applications can be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall at 301 Baltimore Avenue or online at www.oceancitymd.gov.
The cost is $20 for a single-day permit and $50 for a seasonal permit. Horseback riding will be allowed on the beach beginning at 27th Street and extending south to the Inlet jetty between the hours of 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. November 1 to March 30.
- Pets are only permitted on the beach or boardwalk between October 1st and April 30th. Between May 1st and September 30th our furry friends have to stay away from the beach. All dogs must be kept on a leash when being walked in the Ocean City area. Any handler or owner of a dog must remove any waste deposited on public or private property. The Dog Playground is located at Little Salisbury Park on 94th St. For information call Ocean City Recreation & Parks at 410-250-0125.
- Riding your bike or skateboard on the boardwalk is allowed anytime of the day and night in the off-season from the Tuesday after Labor Day to the Friday before Memorial Day. During Springfest and Sunfest weekends (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) bike riding and skateboarding is only permitted between 2:00am and 12:00pm of that same day. Between the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day, bike riding and skateboarding is only permitted between 2:00am and 11:00am of that same day. Skateboarding is prohibited on any other public street, public way, ramp, public alley, public sidewalk, public lots or any other public property (except for public skateboard facilities and public sponsored or authorized skateboard events) within the corporate limits of Ocean City between April 1 and October 1 of each year. Ocean City provides its skateboarders with a skate park located on 3rd St. and St. Louis Avenue. For information on park hours, please feel free to call the Ocean City Recreation and Parks Department Office at 410-250-0125.
- Due to heavy population in the summer months, rollerblading/skating are not permitted during the day on the boardwalk, streets, alleys, sidewalks, or public lots. The following is the schedule for roller skates/blades on the Boardwalk: Weekdays
April 1 through Memorial Day 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Labor Day though September 30 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Weekends: April 1 through May 15 Sunrise to 12 noon. May 15 through Memorial Day Sunrise to 10 a.m.
Holidays: April 1 though May 15 Sunrise to 12 noon. May 15 through Memorial Day Sunrise to 10 a.m.
Day after Labor Day through September 30: Sunrise to 10 a.m.
October 1 through March 31: anytime
Springfest: Sunrise to 12 noon
Sunfest: Sunrise to 10 a.m.